This is mainly a photo blog and I like to let the pictures speak for themselves. But yesterday was a big day and I just realized I didn't take a single picture. Daniel turned one yesterday. It was a rough day though. He was crying most of the day, so we ended up going to the Doctor. He has his first ear infection. I baked my first cake for the big day. But after we got back from the Doctor we went to the store to get the ear meds, then off to great-grandma's 81st bday party. So the cake sits in all of it's humility, untouched in the frig. We'll celebrate properly next week when he's feeling better hopfully.
Daniel has been nursing three times daily for the past several months. We cut out the lunch time feeding a few weeks ago, then he was going without the dinner feeding the last few days. I thought the morning feeding was going to be harder to let go since that was the first thing he thought of once he was out of his crib in the mornings. But the morning of his birthday, he slept in for a couple hours and didn't seem to be asking for milk when he did awake, so that's that. He's all grown up. No more nursing. He didn't seem to miss anything today either.
And then...
We were playing our little stand-up-then-dive-at-mom game. But today when we were doing this, he stood there for a minute and then took THREE steps before diving at me. I'm so proud of the little guy. It's 3:30 and I put him down half an hour ago. He's still chatting and squealing in his room. Such a great sound to listen too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is growing up way to fast. I hope he feels better soon. It was nice of him to share his cold with all of us though :)
He is not a selfish boy at all, so giving really. All the way down to Fresno with his cousin and her parents and her other aunts and grandparents. :) Kind of a pay it forward if you will. Although I am very sorry he got his first ear infection and is sick on his bday. I hope through all of that though he still had a good day.
Post a Comment