Grandpa was tucking Daniel in for a nap. They were taking a long time so I went in to see what they were doing. I found Daniel like this, smiling at his Grandpa who had fallen asleep. Tucking kids in is hard work.

I love swaddling my babies. This baby doesn't like being swaddled. It became apparent by Gavin's second day of life that we could not wrap his feet up, he kicked out of the swaddle and we kept finding him naked from the chest down since his clothes slipped off along with the blanket. So I've just been swaddling his arms and leaving his legs free. But he kept grunting and squirming so much when he woke up trying to suck on his hands, we finally gave up the swaddling altogether. He loves sleeping with his hands above his head. Gone are my days of swaddling.Last night Gavin slept 6 hours between feedings. Then he went back to sleep all day, waking only to eat. Finally at 4pm he woke up for the day. He doesn't have the schedule like his older to brothers who would nap in between each feeding and also stay awake for a little while. This guy either sleeps for hours or stays awake for hours, usually 3 or 4.


8 comments:
classic dad....love the hats!
~megan
ok megan pretty much just took everything i was going to say. great pictures.
The picture of your dad is hilarious! Your boys are so handsome! Maggie's got a lot of choices!
How cute! Jacob used to like sleeping with his arms up too.
I Love the picture with your dad and Daniel. Too cute. Kiersten never wanted to be wrapped up either!
becky
Way too funny! they are all so adorable!
These are great pictures Beck.
pics of Gavin make me want another baby! never thought I would say those words!
Post a Comment