Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Explorations

Janis got married this past weekend. It was a beautiful wedding and fun to see out old friends from high school. The wedding was in a brand new chapel at Neighborhood Church which is where I went to elementary school. They renovated my old 6th grade classroom, so I sat there watching my old friend taking vows where I once watched Mrs. Dillingham teaching are listened to Mr. Monk tell us to say the pledge of allegiance with "GUSTO!"
Congratulations Janis and Matt. We are so happy for you.
With Emery and Cristen
We visited the Sunol Regional Wilderness last week with Jess and my Mom. We took a 3 mils hike to a place called Little Yosemite. It was absolutely gorgeous the whole way there and back. They boys had a great time climbing trees and rocks.



Daniel is becoming an avid climber. Vincent loves to follow wherever Daniel goes.



Vincent was a good little hiker. He loves to run. On the way back down the mountain he took a header right on one of the sharp rocks covering the trail. He got a free ride after blood trickled down his forehead.
The boys enjoyed a rest stop on the way up the mountain.
There was a good deal of chasing shadows and stepping on them during the hike. D & V both brought their buckets and shovels to dig dirt and carry it with them. They've been spending hours digging the last couple of weeks.
Gavin and Grandma enjoying the trail

We also spent a sunny day in the City with Auntie Jess. Our plan was to visit the Exploratorium, but it was a free admission day and also spring break for many people, so we ditched the long line and had a picnic at the Palace of Fine Arts instead. Then we walked across the street and enjoyed some fun in the sand and waves.
Daniel dodged a lot of waves. He getting quick, and daring.

Vincent just laid his face down in the sand like he was going to take a nap in his cozy bed. Silly boy.




We visited the historic exhibits in our little town and walked around the cemetery which was filled with poppies. The boys got a private tour of the old school house with an interactive museum inside.

Auntie Jessica is so much fun. She's graduating from Biola next month and then we'll have her home for good. We're very excited about that.

Janis got married this past weekend. It was a beautiful wedding and fun to see out old friends from high school. The wedding was in a brand new chapel at Neighborhood Church which is where I went to elementary school. They renovated my old 6th grade classroom, so I sat there watching my old friend taking vows where I once watched Mrs. Dillingham teaching are listened to Mr. Monk tell us to say the pledge of allegiance with "GUSTO!"

5 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

Love the photo of daniel dodging the waves! Beautiful!

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Beautiful shots Beck and yes the one of Daniel soaring through the air with both feet off the ground was my favorite as well. Look forward to seeing you all very shortly!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad i got to hang out with you guys this past week. sweet action shot of daniel running on the beach by the way :)

tami said...

I like the pic of the three of your little guys sitting on the bench! I love all the color in the pics! Looks like fun!

Angela said...

I love all of the adventures you take your boys on. I can't believe you hiked with all 3 of them! You are amazing!