Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Biola Graduation






Jessica graduated from Biola University this weekend. We are so proud of her. It was so much fun being back at my alma mater. This have changed a lot since I graduated 12 years ago. The campus looks totally different now that they've added a bunch of new buildings including a library, a couple huge dorms, a new business building and a gym expansion. It didn't seem like that long ago that I was in college until someone asked if I was Jessica's mother! Vincent and watched most of the ceremony from here while George watched the other two until it was Jessica's turn to walk. Jess arranged a whole bag of goodies to keep all the boys entertained during the commencement. The boys were really excited about that.
After the graduation the whole family went to Jessica's house which she shared with SEVEN other girls this year. We ate lunch, met her roommates and their parents and checked out her living arrangements. After lunch, we hit the road with all three boys and headed down the coast to meet up with old friends. They had a beach BBQ for us at San Onofre where we used to hang out and surf in the old days. The Memorial weekend traffic on the way down was torture after driving 7 hours the day before. The 45 min drive took two hours while Gavin cried most of the way. Ugh. But once we got there, all that stress melted away as we played at the beach with our old friends. The boys LOVED it. Daniel could hardly contain himself playing in the waves, Gavin and Vincent had fun playing with tractors and shovels in the sand. The weather was perfect. George surfed for the first time in about 5 years. My legs saw the sun for the second time in about four years. We were having too much fun relaxing to take any pictures, but it was a wonderful blast from the past. The main difference was that the kids outnumbered the adults. I think we had 12 adults and 13 kids there. It makes me want to go back to OC more often. That was the boy's first time really playing at the beach.

Daniel sees an opportunity in every tree, he scouts them out deciding which one to climb. I love that he climbed this one in his bare feet. I rarely wore shoes as a kid so this reminds me of me.



While George, Vincent and Gavin took a Sunday afternoon nap, Daniel and I toured Biola with Auntie Jessica. Daniel was so excited to "go to college". I kept telling him we were here and he kept insisting that he wanted to go "inside college". We better enroll him.
Jess and Daniel under the bells at Biola.
Two of my biggest accomplishments...as a senior I was captain of the Biola volleyball team, we finished second at the NAIA national championships. We visited the gym where I spent so many of my college days, blood, sweat and tears. I loved it and miss it.

Happy Birthday Papa Dan! The kids made out pretty good at grandpa's birthday party.

3 comments:

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Very cute pics Beck! And NO WAY you look like Jessica's mom. :)

Jordan said...

How fun! Congratulations Jessica!

Anonymous said...

Becky...enjoying your blog 8/18/10
Do you remember when the Davis's. Greenaway's, and Santoro's got together? We had 6 adults and 16 KIDS. It took our whole stairway
for a picture at Christmas. Sweet
memories!