Friday, September 24, 2010

Vancouver! Finally!!

This last weekend, I had the pleasure of going up to Vancouver to visit Sheryl & Frank and their sweet 5 week old cutie, Anya Faye. I surprised Sheryl who had no idea I was coming. They had a baby shower on Saturday and it was wonderful to be able to spend some time with their family and meet the friends in their community.
Little Anya is already using these feet to scoot forward, inches at a time, at only 5 weeks old.



Sheryl and Frank are such good parents. It was so much fun watching them dote over the new gal who has just changed their lives forever.
We took some long walks around their beautiful neighborhood. They do a lot of walking and biking there, and surprisingly little driving. Almost every home had amazing landscaping and a great veggie garden which could be admired from the alley. It was inspiring.

Emily was my roommate in college before Sheryl. She is from Vancouver, so we got to have tea with her. Emily and I also went down to Granville Island for a little shopping. It was so fun getting to hang out with her after 10 years. Crazy how fast the time has gone.

For the baby shower, Sheryl and Frank asked that friends bring a small trinket for a custom mobile. What a great idea! It took a little time for Frank to get it balanced, but it was so cool that they have all the personal touches for Anya to entertain herself with.

Sunday afternoon, Sheryl's mom and I rode the bus to Gastown while Sheryl got a much needed nap. We've travelled together before, 11 years ago, Sheryl & I toured Europe with both of our moms. We had a nice lunch overlooking the water and arrived just in time to see the world's first steam powered clock toot a little tune on the hour.
For my long weekend, the boys split up between my parents and Auntie Megan's house. Gav and Dom got to have a slumber party. Those two are so cute together. Then George had them for the weekend and Jess came over all day Monday. The boys all represented at the first annual family picnic for my side of the family. George looked mighty exhausted when I walked through the door Monday night. He's a great Dad.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So glad you got to do this, Becky. First, it is great to see some familiar college faces! Second, Vancouver looks amazing... definitely a dream of mine to travel there! And the boys survived (they always do)!

Becky said...

Jen, Vancouver is amazing. I hope you get to go soon. So much to see and do. I got the full tour last time I went, this time was more mellow with the new baby. Lots of time around the house and walking around the neighborhood.