
This is a Shining Star. It has one big heart that is giving power to all of the other hearts. It's very strong so it can't be broken.
Daniel worked away, making this star for me as I fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion. He then woke me up to show it to me. "Mom, look at this." Half asleep I tell him no, let me keep sleeping. He persisted two more times and I snapped, raising my voice, without looking at what he was trying to show me. "No! I need to rest!" He cried that heart-broken cry, so sad that I didn't look at what he had worked so hard and lovingly on just for me. He closed the door and went into the other room sobbing. My nap was over, I've totally failed at being a loving mother again. I've broken my son's heart and it's not the first time this week. I got up and hugged him and apologized. He showed me his masterpiece and described it. It's amazing. He's amazing. He has love overflowing from his heart. Me, I have exhaustion, impatience, selfishness overflowing from my heart. Funny thing is, I was just reading about how we should be overflowing with joy, life, grace. Fail. But I hear Love's whisper from my 5 year old. "There is One big Heart and it's giving power to all the little hearts."
2 comments:
AWWW! That was touching! I know all about apologizing to my kids! Exhaustion is not my friend but he has been hanging around a lot lately!
Love ONE heart giving power to all the little hearts! Out of the mouths of babes!!!
So creative!! As hard as we try we can't be perfect mommas. I probably apologize to one of my kids at least once a day. It is good for them to see us apologize for the mistakes we make. (too bad that doesn't take away feeling guilty) love ya friend!
Post a Comment