Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter

Coloring Easter eggs was fun. The boys did a great job combining colors and keeping things neat. No eggs were harmed in the making of the colored eggs. They enjoyed eating them when the celebrations were over. They call hard boiled eggs "squishy eggs" and eat them up...sometimes not the yoke.
Our handsome boys got dressed up for church on saturday afternoon. We opted for a less crowded service to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and the new life He gives us. It was a good service, but I miss that triumphant Sunday morning hymn we used to sing growing up: "Up from the Grave He Arose!" I think that was always my favorite part of Easter. I couldn't even find it my my old hymnals at home to play on the piano. I'll have to look it up for next year.

On Sunday we stayed home, flew a kite, ate candy and enjoyed time as a family.

1 comment:

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Sounds like such a nice and relaxing Easter. The family looks so handsome! :)