Vincent got his picc line out today! Everything went well at his visit to the doctor. He's all done with his antibiotics. His blood work all looked good, all pretty much back to normal...white blood cell count, sed rate and CRP all looking good for anyone who knows what that means. I wish I could get all of this info in writing because then I'd have a better idea what they're talking about. I just have to google it once I get home. The sed rate was 60 when we checked into the hospital, it was 47 by the time we checked out and it's 11 now. This is an inflammatory marker which shows how much infection there is in the body (I think). I guess it should be under 10 normally, so 11 is very good.
So life is back to normal. No more getting up at 2am to give Vincent some gross tasting medicine only to have him say "go, mommy, go" as in, scram and let me get back to sleep. He was such a good sport about the whole thing and did everything so well. We are so proud of him and so thankful that he's got a clean bill of health now. We know we are very blessed and fortunate to live where we do and have access to the great health care and physicians that we do. Thank you all for the many prayers. God has been faithful and so good to our family.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So glad he's done!
We are so thankful to hear the Great report. Love you all and look forward to seeing everyone.
WHOOOO HOOOOO!! YIPEE!! FREEDOM!! Praise God!
I'm glad things are finally returning to normal and that Vincent has done so well through it all.
Post a Comment