Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kuddos Kiddos

Daniel and Vincent and I went to Fresno this weekend to celebrate Devyn's 2nd Birthday. It was a great trip, thanks to Tracy and Paul watching Gavin for the day. Life is so much easier with two.
On the way home, we got to see a beautiful sunset...I know, beautiful scenery is the first thing that comes to mind when contemplating a drive to Fresno, but there is was. The boys and I really enjoyed it. We rarely see the sun sink low in the sky due to the hills just west of us, so this was a real treat.
Happy Birthday Devyn! Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes.
Gavin is getting an ATTITUDE! Just ask auntie Jess. She dared to tell him not to touch the stove the other day and she got STINK EYE.
We worked right through breakfast the other day.
Vincent woke up from a peaceful night of slumber and the first words out of his mouth "Can you put on my pumpkin socks?" Immediately followed by "Where's my watch?" Thanks Auntie Robyn and Auntie Megan.
Daniel drew his self portrait this evening on the Doodle Pro.
For about a year we've been trying to get Daniel to get up and use the potty on his own if he needs to at night. He refused to get out of bed without yelling for us and getting permission first, even if it's 2am. We weren't really complaining, it's great he stays in bed so well. But we really could use as much sleep as we can get, so I came up with a different idea, since explaining it clearly was not taking.
He now keeps his "Hall Pass" on the shelf next to his bed. He carries it with him when using the facilities. If he leaves it in the bathroom, he then yells for us to bring it back to him. "I forgot my Hall!" We're getting there. His face lit up like he just got a great present when I first gave this to him.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i sure did get the stink eye. i dont think i've been so stink eyed before in my life :)

Susan said...

I love the hall pass, Becky! Brilliant idea.

Nicole Wilkinson said...

That is a great shot of the sunset. It was so nice having you guys down for the party - I know it's a trip and appreciate you guys making it. That hall pass - im going to have to do that... it's rare that she goes in the middle of the night but when she does she stares at me in the face till I wake up to ask if she can go... btw thank you auntie tracy for watching Gavin. :)

tami said...

Love that hall pass idea. I'm sure i will need it with Conner but K goes before bed and right when she wakes up..no middle of night for her!
So the guitars weren't ours. They were at this play place we went to. I bet daniel would look so cute with a guitar in his hands!