Poo is a word we hear quite a bit in our house. We try to keep the boys from talking this way, but for some reason, it seems to be a universally fantastic concept for kids this age.
We eat dinner around 6pm every evening. At some point during the meal, both Daniel and Vincent need to take their daily constitutional. George and I can't figure out why this is almost always during dinner, but it is. We've come to deal with this. Daniel excuses himself from the meal and Vincent who is still in diapers just sits there all red in the face. Appetizing. Even Gavin is joining in on this nightly ritual.
This evening, Gavin is constipated. He has been for several days now, so we've been giving him pears, prunes & watermelon to try and help loosen things up. During dinner he was crying and trying to push something out. So sad. We're pretty much done with dinner when Vincent says "uh oh" There's a strange dollop of something on the chair he is now straddling backwards...then the smell hits me and there's no denying what is dripping out of his diaper, down his leg, onto the chair and onto the floor. I don't know how he does it, but that was....well, I have no words. We carried him out to the backyard, doused him with warm water while he touched his toes, then got him back inside for a bath. Wow, ending dinner with a bang.
As soon as I got Vincent's clean diaper on, dried off from the bath, George and I trade. He hands me a fussy Gavin while he gets Vincent's jammies on. So I take Gavin into the other room to see if all his crying and pushing during dinner produced anything. No luck. I go for the pediatric suppository and stick it in....there's no room. It pops back out 3 times. The poor little guys was just so backed up. Then he starts to push again, I hold his knees up to his chest, trying to do what I can for him. He's in pain. He's making progress. At this point, I'm literally pulling poo out of my baby's booty. Gross, but that's what a mother will do.
What is Daniel doing this whole ordeal...you guessed it. Sitting on the pot, yelling at the top of his lungs "I'M ALL DONE!" This is our queue to come wipe him. How is there this much poo happening at one time? I don't know, but I'm done for the night! Just thought you all should know about how our dinner went tonight.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
motherhood is poo. for real.
This sounds like every day at the perry fam. With the suppositories, you have to hold their butt closed. =) I've done it way too many times. =0
Becky... i totally laughed the whole way through reading that. I can just picture being a fly on the wall in that house - I would be completely entertained :)
I'm with Nikki...I laughed hard...sorry for you though Becky. I can totally picture it too:):)
Post a Comment