Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busted Lip

After our angles got quietly tucked into bed, we heard a disturbing cry coming from their room. Gavin is said by his brothers to be the party guy in the room after the lights go out. As best we could tell from our interrogation from the 3 and 5 year olds, Gavin slipped on the ladder to Daniel's bunk. At any rate, I entered to find blood everywhere. It looked like a crime scene from Law & Order. The poor guy bit all the way through his lower lip. His chin was covered with blood and it splattered as I carried him past George to the kitchen to clean up. The bleeding didn't last more than a couple minutes and then we could see where the injury was. As we cleaned up Gavin, his brothers kept yelling from their room about the blood being everywhere...on the floor, the changing table, the bed, the sheets, his jammies. Crazy amounts of blood.
This picture was taken about 10 minutes after the incident. It didn't seem to need stitches, so he went back to bed and slept soundly.

These photos are a couple weeks old. On Thanksgiving Day, we took a family bike ride. It was beautiful and cold.

5 comments:

Megan and Brian said...

Oh Gav :( Poor little guy. I can just hear Daniel and Vincent now :) You better get some more use out of that passenger seat quick. Gavin's gonna be riding on his own in no time.

TDM Wendy said...

If only you took pics of the crime scene . . . if only. Oh well. Great hanging with you today!

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Ouch poor little Gavin! :( I am not looking forward to the rough and tumble little boy days because I can't imagine how much more boys do since my girls are already crazy. Hope he feels better soon - busted lips are no fun!

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Haha I just saw how Gavin has his feet totally kicked up on your seat - too cute! :)

tami said...

Next time forget about the little guy with blood pouring out of his beautiful little face and get a pic of the blood bath scene!! Oh the stories you guys are going to have.....