Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of School

Vincent started kindergarten. He was excited and nervous. But he went right in and got right to work. He loves it and is excited to learn how to read. He already can a little. He's been watching his big brother.
 Daniel started first grade with the same excitement mixed with some nerves. He did great. The second day of school, he hopped out of bed early and asked when he could go to school. I took that as a good sign. He likes his teacher.
 Gavin started preschool the same day his brothers started class. He walked right in, only the slightest bit quiet and shy, but he started playing right away and casually waved goodbye as I walk out with arms raised shouting "FREEDOM!!" It was an amazing moment. The first time in nearly seven years that I get a regular 2 1/2 hours all to myself, twice a week, no babysitters, no kids hanging on me, no obligations, just time, normal time.
 The kids are exhausted, but loving school. They each have about 2 hours more class than last year. Gavin went from 0 to 2 1/2 hours, two days a week. Vincent went from 2 1/2 hours twice a week to 4 hours every day. Daniel went from 4 hours daily to 6 or 7. I got a dry erase board to track pick up times, since some days I have 5 different drop offs and pick ups and the times vary daily.

 Yay School!

1 comment:

tami said...

Congrats Becky!!! Conner starts kindergarten next week and I have mix feeling. I will be able to sleep now after working nights but I will miss my buddy to help me around here and shopping! It is yet another adventure!