Friday, June 05, 2009

Last day of one


This morning I told Vincent, as tears welled up in my eyes, that today was his last day of being one. I told him he was a really good 1 year old and I really enjoyed it. He smiled and turned to walk away. With his laptop in hand, he told me he was going to work and then said "bye."
When he falls down, he immediately says "I'm okay" which means, I hurt myself. He holds out his chubby little hand to get a kiss which makes it all better, and then one on the lips because he's so sweet. It's a wonderful thing to be able to heal the pain of my little children with a kiss. He sometimes says motorcycle instead of bakabakah now. He constantly tells me, "come on" while gesturing with his hand. He calls Auntie Jessica "tee tee Jekidah" and Auntie Tracy is "teetee TT". If Daniel hurts him and is told to apologize, usually Vincent beats him to the punch and says "sorry mincent" himself. A great deal of Vincent's sentences end in "mom"..as in "I did it, mom." or "look at dat, mom" or, "go, mom."All bugs, including flies and bees are "ladybuhgs."
Daniel has been asking to swing "superhigh" for the last few months. Now everytime Vincent gets on he asks for the same treatment.
Daniel does a good job of pushing Gavin on the swing. Gavin sinks lower and lower as the minutes wear on. There are only two swings and usually when one kid swings, the others want to as well. If Gavin's on there, Daniel and Vincent do the spider. They both giggle the whole time until Daniel's muscles get tired and they have to stop. It's so cute. I need to get a video of it.

Vincent's hair is pretty long when the curls are out of it. We tried to capture this, but you only get a partial idea from this picture.
TV!
Gavin and his cousin, Dominic are both getting good at sitting. Gavin's motivation for this new trick was the laptop.
Dominic is such a smiley little guy. So cute. He's one month younger than Gavin.

4 comments:

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Gosh Beck - you're ging to make me cry. I can't beleive he's already 2. Tell him Happy Birthday from all of us and we love him and hopes he has such a fun time at his Birthday party. All the pictures are fantastic.

Megan said...

I think the pic of Vincent on the bike might be my favorite ever :) Love the pics of Dominic and the boys :) I'm so glad we live so close!

Jordan said...

I can't believe how long Vincent's hair is when its wet... sorry we missed his b-day.

Jessica said...

beck you just have the greatest boys and you are such an amazing mom. i'm so glad i get to be part of your guys' lives