Thursday, June 11, 2009

No Vacancy



This is a picture of our cute little nursery the week before Daniel was born. Just 3 1/2 years later... this is what it looks like now. FILLED!
The boys are still a little too young for bunk beds, so we packed them in keeping the toddler beds for another couple years. Vincent likes to kick the crib so Gavin sometimes has difficulty sleeping through that. He does surprisingly well though with the noise. He still naps in our room frequently. We sort of need the crib right next to Vincent's bed because he fell out a few times without the extra support.
The other night I heard a strange noise in their room, so I went in to check it out. First I looked at Vincent (in the dark)...sleeping soundly. I walked over to look at Daniel and tripped over him, sitting up, sound asleep on the floor. He's hard to wake up in that state. Sometimes he has bad dreams and we come in to calm him from crying, but we can't wake him up, he talks and cries and even uses the potty, but he's still asleep. It's weird.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

what great boys you have. i especially like that last picture. very cute :)

tami said...

Looks like you have room for a couple more beds in the kids room!!!! Gotta really fill it up!

The Perry's said...

Aiden had the night frights too. One time it was so bad we took him to emergency. I couldn't wake him up. Dr. said don't wake them during an episode and that they only do it when they're overtired. If you think it will happen they say to wake him up an hour into sleep and then put him back down.

Becky said...

Wow, the emergency room! That's crazy. Good to know, thanks.

Jordan said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to see that room in about 10 years. Hee. Hee.

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Looks like your ready for another one! :) j/k! Darian does the same thing all the time just comes walking around the house and totally asleep. Luckily she walks with me right back into bed without too much hassle. Devyn is the one I think I am going to have to worry about.