Monday, March 01, 2010

Still Growing

After getting scolded for climbing up on the dining room table tonight, Gavin gave himself a time out.We had the Olympic games visit our house. Daniel and Vincent both won gold medals for winning a maze race. We all had a medal ceremony and marched around the house singing the Olympic theme song. Then the boys got on the podiums and watched a medal ceremony from the Olympics. The one we found was not a US gold medalist, so we stood there and listened to "Oh, Canada" very solemnly.

Vincent is a huge fan of "Super Why", he notices something wrong and says "Oh, no! This is a Supuh big ploblum, and a supuh big ploblum needs the supuh weeduhs." He goes on and on with the whole Super Why deal. His whole face lights up for the 5 minute intro to the show. I'm glad he and Daniel are excited about learning to read.

4 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

I like that he is sucking his thumb and holding his thumb for the medal ceremony. A true olympian.

tami said...

I love this idea. We watched tons of the games and the kids would have loved this. Creative!

Jessica said...

oh my goodness. i love this! do you have a video?

Nicole Wilkinson said...

Very impressed Beck - we had a blast watching so much of the olympics that would have been so much fun to think of something like that. Darian keeps asking to go ice skating so I gotta find a rink somewhere around here. :)