Monday, July 05, 2010

Swimming Lessons



Daniel and Vincent started swimming lessons today. They get to be in the same class which worked out really nicely as a hesitant Vincent fought going in the water for half a second until he saw Daniel excitedly jump right in. They were actually having a little too much fun bouncing right off into deeper water playing a game that ended 5 minutes earlier instead of listening to the instructor. We'll try to improve our direction following skills tomorrow.



The "Bunkbed" in the garage is still a favorite play spot. The boys ask me to make their bunkbed and then tell me to make them stay in bed. Well, Gavin only lasted about 8 seconds in there, but the other two stayed for awhile.
My puppy
Vincent copied Maebe after she took a drink in the sprikler.
This week we get to have a dog. What's the best part about dog sitting you ask...for me, I don't have to sweep after meals. But for the boys, it's the cage. The dog crate is providing hours of entertainment for Daniel, Vincent & Gavin as they pretend to be puppies. Playing with Maebe is alright too.
I find it incredible that both Daniel and Vincent were big brothers by the age Gavin is now. I keep looking in Gavin's crib thinking "where did my baby go?" He's getting so big...and so smart. He totally knows what everyone is up to and exactly what he can get away with. He's figured out that as the third kid, you make it happen if you want something.
As I was laying on the couch tonight before bedtime, Gavin was talking/whining next to me for a couple minutes and I just tuned it out. So he climbed up on the couch, nuzzled right up to me and pulled his blanket on top of him in the perfect snuggle position. I love that he loves to snuggle. The other night he snuggled with George and fell fast asleep in his arms. This is very rare for any of our boys to do this, and so sweet.
Potty Training: I told Daniel he couldn't turn 3 until he started using the big boy potty. That didn't work with Vincent, he turned three without the least bit of interest in learning how to use the big boy potty. We're on the really slow train with training this time around, but he's finally starting to get it. We'll see where we're at by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Nicole Wilkinson said...

I those swimming lessons look like a lot of fun. I'm sure they are having a blast. That garage shelf bunk bed is hilarious - they all fit so nicely in there :) I can't believe how big they are all getting. Hopefully we will get to see you all soon & very soon! :)