
I always get a little sad when my little boys grow out of one size and into the next. Today I'm clearing out the 18 month clothes from Gavin's drawers and restocking them with 2Ts. This is the last of the baby clothes, the last outfit we got from when Daniel was born. Tracy got an 18 mo outfit back then and I thought it would be forever until he fit into it, now my last baby has outgrown it.


We pass our old baby clothes down to their cousin, Lucas who is now 10 months. It always makes me smile when I see him wearing something all three boys once wore. Maybe Lucas will send them on to the next little cousin. Nikki had a baby boy this week. We still don't know his name, but he sounds like a good little guy, letting his mom sleep for now. That makes 8 grandkids for my parents, 6 boys and 2 girls. Family reunions are a lot more balanced out in terms of gender than they were 10 years ago.






We got to go up to Lake Berryessa to visit the Taylor family on their houseboat last weekend. Daniel rode on the big tube behind the boat with Dane (6) and Genevieve (8). He was the little kid doing big kid stuff with the big kids. It was so fun to see him in that element. He was having the time of his life behind that boat, almost getting launched. Usually Daniel is the oldest kid hanging out with the babies, doing younger kid stuff. But I guess the big kid stuff will be super fun too.



I took the kids to the park today. I haven't done that too much lately, I've been overwhelmed with computer work at home. But I realized while we were all walking around, that we were all walking around. No strollers, no carrying the little guy. They could all run and climb and play while I just got to watch and make suggestions of where to go next (not to mention take pictures). It was a lot easier. Slowly, it's getting easier.

My one year old still fusses and inordinate amount of the time. I think he gets a new tooth every week these last few months. But for the most part, all three boys play really good together. I think they're going to have a blast growing into big kids.
2 comments:
you have wonderful kids. they are all so cute! our norwegian cousin thinks they look very norwegian!
Your boys are too precious!!
Post a Comment