It's the end of summer. Kindergarten starts on Monday for Daniel. He's all ready to go and he's really excited. I can't believe how fast the time has gone since he was a little baby. When he was just a couple weeks old, I was out walking around the neighborhood and we passed by a family who just sent their kids off to the same school he will be going to. The dad looked at me and my newborn and said, "before you know it, you'll be sending him off to school." It literally feels like last week that happened.
I'm so proud of Daniel and the boy he is growing and learning to be. I'm excited about his teacher and what he'll learn this year. I'm sad that the time will go even faster now. What fun it is watching these kids grow.
When we weren't camping this summer, we were riding bikes, visiting parks and even starting to skateboard. Gavin is really cruising on the balance bike. He just needs to figure out the pedals now. All summer, Gavin has been my snuggle bug. Each morning, he would wake up around 6am and snuggle with me for an hour or so. We slept in a lot these past few months.
But with school approaching, we have started practicing getting up early. The first day or two was pretty rough. The kids partied in their room until after ten which was fully two hours after they were sent to bed. Daniel didn't handle the early wake up call too well...
Vincent climbed a tree at the park, he fell out of it. He was only a couple feet off the ground, but he hit the large branch he was climbing on square on his mouth on his way down. There was a bloody nose and lip, some swelling and scabbing. This didn't stop him from taking up skateboarding later that afternoon. He declared, "Mom, I can skateboard now with both feet!" After an hour or so of practice, he could also pivot on the back wheels and turn the board.
No comments:
Post a Comment