Gavin: “Mom. Mom. Mama. Mom”
Me: “Gav, why do you keep saying my name? I’m tired of it. You’re wearing it out.”
After a thoughtful pause he says:
“Um, Becky? Becky Mama.”
I just had to stop and end my bad mood. What a guy. He’s so persistent and lovable, how can I refuse talking to that?
As I type this, he is still yelling through the house house. “MOM! Mom! Becky. Becky? Becky? Um, I wanna have a pear.”
Gotta go.
But first I need to write a couple other things he's been saying lately.
When I break out a knife in the kitchen and start chopping he says with a pointed index finger:
"Mom, be careful you don't cut off your hand."
When I set my glass of water down he says again:
"Mom, be careful you don't knock over your cup."

2 comments:
Love it! Is is so easy to get caught up in our frustrations and miss out on the little things that could make us so happy and bring us Joy! :) Hope you have a wonderful day today Becky moma!
Ah, good stuff! I'm always telling Reid, "You don't have to say 'Hey, Mom' before you say something to me... You can just say what you need to say sometimes." If I had a buck for every time I heard "Hey, Mom" in a day, I'm telling you...
Post a Comment