Wednesday, September 10, 2008

PT


Okay, this is the last time I write about potty training for awhile. I just had to give an update.
The bells were ringing at high noon today as the toilet flushed. It's been two weeks since we started training and today Daniel has accomplished the final feat...he did the whole thing by himself, I was in the other room. Partly because I'm too tired to get up and supervise and partly because he was ready to do it. This was the goal and what I considered officially potty trained! On Sunday, he had "PT" written on his name tag by the teacher at church, letting the helpers in his class know about his status, this was another proud moment for me.
I don't know why it was such a big deal for me. George pointed out that I was really worked up or stressed about it, or I let it get to me too much. He was right. I don't hear other moms talking about this right of passage as much as I stressed about it for months. I had almost resigned myself to the cold truth that I'd have 3 kids in diapers at the same time. But alas, Daniel pulled through just in time. Since the first day he was really going in the potty, he hasn't woken up from his nap or sleep at night wet. So for the last couple nights and the last many nap times, he's been in undies. No more diapers or even pull-ups. (So much for the $15 I spent on that pack of training pants.) There have been so many very proud moments throughout this process, along with a lot of pee on the floor. Last time he went, he came out with his shorts on backwards, as I write this, he came out commando with both feet through the same leg of his shorts. We're still perfecting it, but he's come a long way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so proud of him and you. congratulations on the monumental achievement (i think its a big deal :)

tami said...

It is a huge deal!! Now you can actually see the fruits of your labor! You can feel accomplished!! They say the next boys should be easier as they watch the older....that will be nice right?? Good Job, Mommy!!!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations to you both!!! This only adds to your children's celebrity status in my mind (and on my blog). :)

Epps Clan said...

That first picture is SOOOOO cute! He looks like a little man. Congratulations on a job well done Momma! Now I've just got to get my almost 4 year old to have a desire (at this point I need to MAKE her have that desire:):) to go potty on the big potty:(

Jen said...

Congratulations!!!!