
It seems potty training has taken over our lives this week. For those who are interested, here are the details. Daniel first went on the big boy potty once Wednesday, then once Thursday and since then he's been going on the "big boy potty" every time with a few minor accidents. We had our first outings with "big boy undies" on and we've gone 2 out of 3 times with no accidents. There is still much for the little guy to learn. Today we're working on putting on his own undies and shorts. We kept the jammies on as they are easier to pull up. He is adamantly opposed to learning this, he just put his own shorts on for the third time this morning by himself with many tears. I'm trying to figure out why he is so against learning this skill: laziness, wanting to depend on mommy & daddy, stubbornness, not wanting to change the status quo...I don't know. But he's fighting it. He now takes naps in his undies but the diaper at night. Last night, for the first time, he woke up with a dry diaper and asked to go potty before going to sleep and when he woke up. I'm so proud of him.
Vincent is now saying his first sentence (we think) "I want that." He's been patiently standing by while his big brother learns his new skills. He's very hands on if he gets a chance to be in the bathroom while the action is going on. He also recently learned where his belly button is and says this as well.
3 comments:
This picture is hilarious! One day at a time :) A dry night is a huge accomplishment! We need a video upload on here of Vincent talking, I can't believe how fast he's picking everything up.
oh beck i am so happy for you give the boys a big hug a kiss for me :)
How much fun you must be having. That is good he is picking up on it though. I feel like I gave up on Darian just doing her own thing with the potty stuff. Although she does try to change her own diaper now. Vincent is getting so big. I think we need a picture of the belly though also. (Like i'm one to talk on updating the blog)
Post a Comment