Monday, February 08, 2010

Half Moon Bay

We head out to Half Moon Bay and eat lunch at Barbara's about once a year. It's a fun tradition and nice to see the ocean every so often. I miss it. The boys loved playing in the water, Vincent nearly got washed out to sea and his mother wasn't too quick to grab him, not wanting to get my new Uggs wet. George will nominate me for mother-of-the-year for that one. A wave snuck up on us, but Vincent got out without falling over as I cheered him on. When he retells the story, he keeps saying I saved him. Ha, ha.

This was Gavin's first official visit to the ocean, I think.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Weird.. I went there with you when we each only had one kid. Remember? That was a fun day. We wouldn't all fit in your truck now :)

Nicole Wilkinson said...

That is hilarious! Teaching Vincy independence and to be tough. That is a fun little tradition. :)

Megan and Brian said...

Gavin looks just like Vincent in that picture of the two of them! Daniel told me about your trip to the beach the other day, he said it was really fun watching Vincent get knocked over by the ocean.

Jessica said...

haha i love vincent's version of the story opposed to yours :)