Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Terrific Two's

"I'm Wincent"
"It's a sunny day to jump over the road" -Vincent's moto song.

Vincent is two and a half. It shows. He's changed a bit from the sweet little boy who let everything roll off his back to a somewhat assertive little boy who throws a fit if a toy is taken from him. He's finding his voice.
Despite the attitude challenges, I love this age. He gets so excited about playing with simple toys. His language is entertaining and he is so sweet, constantly asking to read books and snuggle. I melt when he looks at me with his big green eyes.
Vincent has a good vocabulary, there are a few sounds he hasn't perfected yet, like the "ar" in Car, the "th" in Think, and the "oy" in Boy. So instead of saying "I think that's a big boy car" he would say "I fink dat's a big bow coh." Perfectly understandable to his mother, but visitors sometimes look at him with a blank stare. He tells me he's a "Big Beau". Before he goes to bed he needs a three minute warning: "Fwee mo' minutes". He sleeps with his Giraffe and his "frog donkey". The tell tale sign that he is two..."why?" is asked constantly. We totally skipped this stage with Daniel. But we're making up for it now. When Vincent's stomach gurggles, he says "That was my body."

No comments: