Friday, April 24, 2009

A Blessing

Our sweet little boy is in good spirits this morning. He slept good last night woke up pretty happy. He's been playing with his bakabakas (motorcycles) in his crib for the last few hours. He's also eating and drinking well. He doesn't have a fever which is a good sign.
One thing I was thinking about this morning is Vincent's speech. It's only been a few weeks since he started talking in earnest and what a blessing this is. He's able to communicate what he wants very effectively and I think this whole thing would be much more frustrating for him if he couldn't say things like "I wunt wogurt." He seems to be talking more today than he ever has.
My friend Angela shared this with me this morning, what an encouragement.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble

He is very present in our troubles. His hand is guiding us. We have lots of love, support and prayers and for this we are very thankful.

I've been taking pictures and a little video, both with my phone and our camera. I just can't upload it to the computer...I don't know how to from my phone and the sd card makes the laptop malfuntion. So, sorry for the text only posts Wendy. You'll have to take my word for it, Vincent looks like a little angle in his hospital gown which goes right down to his toes. His head is all wrapped in gauze with to straggly blond locks sticking out the top. His face/eyes are a bit swollen. But he's chatty and happy.

No comments: