Thursday, April 23, 2009

CT scan

Vincent had his ct scan around 3 today. It was a little worse than they were hoping with the infection going into the bone and he has a pretty large abscess that needs to be drained. After we got this news, the Dr. came back in to go over the scan with us having looked at it with the radiologist. The news got worse. We're waiting for our attending physician to talk to the infectious disease consultant but it's possible that the infection has gone through the bone and into the epidural space. I'm not sure if I'm describing this right, but it's not good news and I'm really shaken up right now.
Vincent hasn't eaten or drank anything all day and this evening he'll be put under anesthesia again in the O.R. to have the abscess drained and find out how deep it goes. They will take a culture to see what the bacteria is.
Please pray that the Doctors will have wisdom in how to treat V and what antibiotics to give him. Pray for Vincent's spirits, he did great all day but has now decided he does not want to be here anymore. He's asleep at the moment, fortunately. We are very thankful for all of the prayers and support we have been receiving. We are also thankful to be in a facility where we are receiving wonderful care from the doctors and nurses.

4 comments:

tami said...

Love and prayers!! Call me if you need to talk to someone! Anytime!!! Seriously ...anytime!

Jen Savage Luu said...

Oh my goodness! I am praying for Vincent. My heart is breaking that you all are going through this. Much love.

dawnielle said...

I'm here Becky! I'm on my knees for your family. I know this is scary and you are just going through the motions. I know God will give you wisdom and strength. Thanks for the updates!

Angela said...

I just heard about this thru Tami's blog. We will be praying for you guys. It breaks my heart that poor Vincent has to go through this.