Friday, April 03, 2009

Jumper

Our little blue eyed boy is now in the jumper. He only likes it for a couple minutes, especially when his older brothers try and make it extra fun. I love the newborn phase, and it's gone now. Gavin is 4 months old and starting to move around. If I leave him lying on the floor, he'll get himself turned all the way around, he scoots and scoots.
Vincent loves the little blue doggie. When he gets tired, he collects the dog and his thumb and relaxes with this distant look in his eye. He's also got a bit of jelly on his cheek. We have PB&Js at least every other day, I really try to mix it up, but they're so great.
We got to go to the mountains last weekend with my sister, Megan. We all had a good time. It was a nice break, beautiful weather and scenery and the boy loved staying in the cabin, walking through the woods and sledding on a warm sunny day.
On the drive up, Daniel kept asking if we were going to our Castle referring to the Glen Eyrie in CO Springs that we went to last January. There was snow there then and since we told him we were going to the snow, of course he assumed that's where we were going. He got upset when we told him we were going to a cabin, not a castle. But it turned out okay once we got there, Daniel was immediatly super excited about "our cabin".
An hour before we were set to leave for the mountains, Daniel sliced his index finger. We still don't know how. The poor guy bled for about 45 minutes while George applied pressure trying to get it to stop. Apparently, elevating it above the heart helps and once the nurse told us this, the bleeding stopped pretty fast. The whole event was very traumatic and wore Daniel out, so he took a good nap on our drive.


Vincent and Daniel enjoyed taking walks in the woods and finding walking sticks, pinecones and snow. I loved Vincent's choice of walking stick, the stout little thing fit so perfectly.
George and Vincent enjoyed lunch at Sonic as Daniel and Gavin slept in the car.
Gavin is 4 months old, 14 lb, 12oz. He's 25 1/4" tall. He sleeps from around 7pm to 6am on a good night which is fairly consistent. Gavin loves his brothers and gets lots of hugs and kisses from them. He loves being held and is very active and strong. He has the most beautiful voice when he coos and chats especially on the changing table. And he's ticklish and has the best laugh and smile. His most striking feature right now are his blue eyes. His hair is in the process of falling out, but I think he might escape going completely bald. I've seen some shimer on his head so I think the new blonde hair might grow in before he loses all the stuff he was born with.
Gavin is grabbing at everything in sight and more often than not it seems to be with his left hand. So as of right now, I think we've got two lefties and Vincent is right handed. The only one I'm sure about it Daniel though.

3 comments:

tami said...

So cute. I think Daniel could be a little model. That is such a great pic! Vincent looks just like George. Do others say that? Oh and Gavin ..the one of him picking up his head is adorable.What a beautiful family!

Megan said...

Love all the pictures. We'll have to go to Daniel's cabin again :) Can't believe how big Gavin is getting. It really does fly by SO fast. Vincy's walking stick did fit him perfectly :)

Jessica said...

what great pictures. that looks like it was such a fun trip. i cant wait to see you guys :)