
I administered Vincent's IV antibiotics today for the first time. The nurse helped me do it. We need to wait for the home nurse from our area to come to the hospital and show me how to do it, I guess there are different set ups so I need to learn that before we are released. Vincent got unhooked from his leash (IV cord) once yesterday and again today for about 1 1/2 hours. He likes to go to the end of the hall where there's a little ramped corridor between the old and new sections of hospital. It echos in there, so he runs up and down around the corners yelling, waiting to be gotten. Then he laughs and laughs. I tickle him all the way back to our room so he doesn't get upset at getting back in his cage. He's done really well this whole time and is napping again right now. I'm so proud of him. I'm also so proud of Daniel who I'm told has behaved very well and Grandma and Grandpa's house this whole week.
Another blessing was having my parents live in the same town as the hospital. It's been really nice having that as a base of operations instead of having to drive twice as far home. Nursing Gavin is also going okay. I've been using the hospital pump 4-6 times a day and it's been enough to keep the little guy going.
5 comments:
i'm so glad you guys get to go home soon. vincey could not look cuter :)
We are so happy to hear that he is doing so much better. Darian just came in and saw the picture of him in his gown and said "Vincy is all better because I prayed for him" :)
Thanks for keeping everyone posted through all of this. We have been praying for all of you and are happy you will be headed home. That second picture will be looked on fondly, someday (maybe many, many years away!). I think that picture says a lot... you and George looking exhausted, but happy/relieved, and Vincent is a blur.
I am so happy to hear of Vincents' progress. Prayers are still going up for you guys. I'm sure it will be so nice to be back home. Thank you for all the updates. That picture of V with the headband is just too cute. God Bless you guys. I hope I get to see all of you real soon.
Don Potter
Oh Becky, I just now read about your little guy today and had to tell you that I prayed a prayer for you and your family. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Having a child in the hospital is so scary and you feel so helpless. I will pray that all goes well these next few weeks and that he heals quickly. May God put his arms around your family and hug so tightly!
Post a Comment